Fort Zachary Taylor State Park
Visit Fort Zachary Taylor State Park in Key West, Florida. Better known as Fort Zach to locals, the Park is a National Historic Landmark, offering Civil War-era history, beautiful beaches, and amazing views.
601 Howard England Way, Key West, FL 33040
$$6.50 per vehicle. Limit 2-8 people per vehicle.
$2.50 per person for pedestrians and bicyclists
The park is open from 8:00 AM until sundown, 365 days a year.
The park entrance is located at the end of Southard Street on Truman Annex.
The Fort Zachary Taylor State Park highlights:
- Key West's best beach, located at the southern end of the park, provides spots for picnicking, swimming, snorkeling, and fishing.
- Visitors can enjoy a short nature trail and bicycling within the park.
- The beachfront cafe offers snacks, beverages, beach supplies, and & snorkeling equipment rentals.
- The park is scattered with picnic tables and BBQ grills for a cookout at the beach.
- The fort was one of a series built in the 1800s to defend the southeastern coastline against pirates.
- The museum contains a fine collection of American Civil War artifacts.
- Tours of the Fort are offered at 12:00 PM.