Casa y Jardines de Audubon
Take a tour of the Audubon House & Gardens in Key West, Florida. Named after renowned painter and bird expert John James Audubon, this well-preserved home stands as a prime example of early Key West architecture.
Address: 205 Whitehead Street, Key West, FL 33040
Phone: (305) 294-2116
Adult tickets: $12.00
Child tickets: $5.00
Student tickets: $7.50
Hours: The Museum is open from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM, every day
Directions: The museum is located next to the Tour Bus Stop in Mallory Square.
The Audubon House highlights:
- Visitors can view the works of John James Audubon, world renown ornithologist.
- There are 28 first edition Audubon works in the house.
- Antique enthusiasts will appreciate the unique quality furnishings in the home.
- An introduction to the property, its history, and the close relationship to Audubon is given by your guide, who then lets you roam throughout the house at your leisure.
- An introduction to the house, its history, and the close relationship to Audubon is given by your tour guide.
- An herb garden and 1840-style nursery provide a historic look at gardening, while native plants provide an environment that is reminiscent of old Key West.