Custom House Museum
Take a tour of the Custom House Museum in Key West, Florida. The building is a national landmark and an award-winning museum, serving as the official headquarters of the Key West Art & Historical Society. Experience two floors of exhibitions that weave together two centuries of history, art, people, and events.
Address: 281 Front Street, Key West, FL 33040
Phone: (305) 295-6616
Adult tickets: $7.00
Child tickets: $6.00 (ages 6 and up)
Hours: Open daily from 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
Directions: The museum is located in Mallory Square, next to the tour bus stop.
The Custom House Museum highlights:
- Exhibits include local history, famous personalities including Ernest Hemingway, maritime history, and works by local artists.
- The “Beyond the Frame” exhibit allows visitors to actually step into this life-size sculpture and become part of the artwork.
- Outside the museum are some amazing life-size sculptures.
- The building was originally the home to the island’s customs office, postal service, and district courts.
- This was also the site of many historical events, most notably the inquiry into the sinking of the USS Maine in Havana harbor in 1898.
There’s more information about the museum on our audio tour.