Harry Truman Pequeña Casa Blanca
Take a tour of the Harry S. Truman Little White House in Key West, Florida. This was the winter White House of Harry Truman who spent 175 days of his presidency here from 1946 through 1952. It was here where President Truman faced the rebuilding of Europe, the Palestine question, issues of Civil Rights and labor unrest, changes in foreign policy, and our response to the Cold War.
Address: 111 Front Street, Key West, FL 33040
Phone: (305) 294-9911
Adult tickets: $16.00
Child tickets: $5.00 (ages 6-12)
Senior tickets: $14.00
Hours: 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, everyday
Directions: From Mallory Square, walk south on Whitehead Street for 2 blocks and enter through the Presidential Gates.
The Little White House highlights:
- The Harry S. Truman Little White House is the State of Florida’s only presidential museum.
- A 45-minute guided tour is included with admission.
- See the personal side of the Truman Presidency, as well as a glimpse into the politics of the Cold War and the Naval History of Key West.
- The house has been visited by six American presidents: Howard Taft in 1912, Dwight Eisenhower in 1955-56, Harry Truman from 1946 to 1952, John Kennedy in 1961 and 1962, Jimmy Carter in 1996 and 2007, and Bill Clinton in 2005.
Important visitors have included extended stays by inventor Thomas Edison and scientist Edward Hayden.
- The Botanical Gardens consist of nearly an acre of tropical foliage and trees surrounded by the original 1890 wrought iron fence.
Check out the Harry Truman House chapter of our audio tour for more information.