Take a high-speed ferry to the Dry Tortugas and Fort Jefferson and experience on of the most unique National Parks in America. The Park is home to a massive coastal fortress, picturesque blue waters, beautiful coral reefs, and an assortment of bird and marine life.Availability: Every day
Duration: 9 hours (approximately)
Departure times: 8:00 AM
Boarding time: 30 minutes before departure
Transportation type: Air-conditioned catamaran
The high-speed ferry offers the ultimate in sailing comfort, featuring:
- A seated sun deck, an air-conditioned viewing area, as well as 4 restrooms, a galley, and a snack bar.
- The high-speed catamaran is specifically designed for carrying passengers safely across the 70 miles of open water from Key West to the Park.
- The catamaran's twin hull design allows for maximum stability and much less rocking motion than traditional v-hull designs.
- The yacht features comfortable padded seats that allow room for movement and easy access to the tables.
- There are four bathrooms and three fresh water rinses (with warm water!) that allow you to wash and change into dry clothing for the return to Key West.
- Upon boarding, you will enjoy a free breakfast of fresh fruit, bagels, hot and cold cereal, boiled eggs, cheese, yogurt, juice, and coffee.
- On route to the Park, our guide will give you an eco-orientation about the area.
- During the voyage, you will enjoy the beautiful scenery and have an opportunity to see turtles and dolphins, and listen to pirate legends.
- Once at the Park, you will disembark at Fort Jefferson and have the option of joining a 45-minute guided tour.
- You will enjoy a free lunch buffet either before or after your tour depending on what time you choose. The buffet consists of fresh deli meats, cheeses, different types of salads, fresh fruit, chips, cookies, and soft drinks aboard the yacht's air-conditioned salon.
- Visitors can take advantage of the swimming, snorkeling, beach walking, exploring, birding, and the flora and fauna of this pristine island.
- Complimentary snorkeling equipment is available
Child price: $120 (ages 4 - 16)
Payment options: Visa, MasterCard, American Express, and Discover.
Easy cancellation: You may cancel 24 hours in advance for a full refund, and change your travel dates free of charge.
Click to watch the video
Dry Tortugas Ferry schedule
|7:15 AM||Check in time|
|7:25 AM||Boarding time|
|8:00 AM||Departure time|
|10:10 AM||Arrive at Fort Jefferson|
|11:00 AM||Fort Jefferson tour|
|11:00 AM - 1:00 PM||Lunch on the yacht|
|11:00 AM - 3:00 PM||Free time|
|3:00 PM||Depart for Key West|
|5:15 PM||Arrive in Key West|
Frequently asked questionsDoes this tour include transportation from Miami?
No. If you need transportation, add the Keys Shuttle or the Key West Multi-Day Tour to your shopping cart, and then add the Dry Tortugas Ferry to you cart.
What time does the ferry leave Key West?
Boarding begins at 7:15 AM and departs at 8:00 AM
How long is the trip from Key West to Fort Jefferson?
The ride usually takes 2 hours and 10 minutes.
How big is the boat?
It is a 165 foot catamaran, air-conditioned, enclosed, with a shaded viewing cabin, snack bar, sundeck, and 4 restrooms, a snack bar and galley.
How many passengers does the yacht accommodate?
The yacht is certified to carry 250 passengers; however, to maximize the comfort of each guest, we limit each trip to 150 passengers.
What time do we arrive back in Key West?
We usually arrive in Key West by 5:30 PM.
How long are you at Fort Jefferson?
You will have a little over 4 hours to explore the island.
Can we bring food and drinks?
You may bring a small cooler with beverages to take to the beach. However, you cannot consume any alcohol from your cooler while aboard the boat, as we have a liquor license and glass containers are forbidden. And don’t forget that the we provide you free breakfast and lunch. The boat also offers drinks and snacks available for purchase!.
What should I bring on the trip?
Most passengers will spend their time exploring the beaches, sunbathing, or snorkeling along the shore. You should bring a bathing suit, towels, sunscreen, a hat, and sunglasses. A change of dry clothing will come in handy after using one of the our two fresh water rinses before the return trip home.
Can we take a baby stroller?
Yes, baby strollers are allowed.
Can we get in the water to swim?
Yes, there is a broad, sandy beach that is ideal for swimming and snorkeling. Snorkel equipment is provided at no additional charge.
Do you still run trips when it rains?
Yes, the rain does not affect this trip and we do run as normal (unless the captain determines otherwise).
Can we take a wheel chair?
Manual wheelchairs allowed (electric wheelchairs not allowed).
Do you offer pre-boarding for handicapped and elderly passengers?
Yes, this is something we are more than happy to do for anyone who requests it.
Are there mosquitoes at Fort Jefferson?
No, there are no mosquitoes due to the lack of standing water on the island.
Do cell phones work at Fort Jefferson?
No, there are no cell phone towers in the Dry Tortugas.
Can we bring scuba gear to the Dry Tortugas?
Scuba gear is not allowed, but we do provide you with snorkel gear and fins for snorkeling the reefs along the shores of the island.
How deep is the water we will be snorkeling in?
The designated snorkel area is right off shore, and depths generally range from very shallow to 15 feet.
Do I need to make a reservation?
Yes, the tour sells out. Avoid hassles, stress, and disappointments. Book ahead for guaranteed reservations.
How do I buy tickets?
Purchase tickets online, or call us at (305) 260-6855. After booking, you will immediately receive an email confirmation, containing your receipt and itinerary.
Are ID’s or passports necessary before boarding?
While you do not yet need a passport to travel within the United States, all adults must show a photo ID at check in.
How long does it take to drive to Key West?
The drive takes approximately 4 hours from Miami. To make the most of your road trip, get our free Audio Tour App.