Custom House Museum
Take a tour of the Custom House Museum in Key West, Florida. The building is national landmark and an award-winning museum, serving as the official headquarters of the Key West Art & Historical Society. Experience two floors of exhibitions that weave together two centuries of history, art, people, and events.
281 Front Street, Key West, FL 33040
$6.00 (ages 6 and up)
Open daily from 9:30 AM – 4:30 PM
The museum is located in Mallory Square, next to the tour bus stop.
The Custom House Museum highlights:
- Exhibits include local history, famous personalities including Ernest Hemingway, maritime history, and works by local artists.
- The "Beyond the Frame" exhibit allow visitors tp actually step into this life size sculpture and become part of the artwork
- Outside the museum are some amazing life-size sculptures .
- The building was originally the home to the island’s customs office, postal service, and district courts.
- This was also the site of many historical events, most notably the inquiry into the sinking of the USS Maine in Havana harbor in 1898.