Audubon House & Gardens
Take a tour of the Audubon House & Gardens in Key West, Florida. Named after renowned painter and bird expert John James Audubon, this well preserved home stands as a prime example of early Key West architecture.
205 Whitehead Street, Key West, FL 33040
The Museum is open from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM, everyday
The museum is located next to the Tour Bus Stop in Mallory Square.
The Audubon House highlights:
- Visitors can view the works of John James Audubon, world renown ornithologist.
- There are 28 first edition Audubon works in the house.
- Antique enthusiasts will appreciate the unique quality furnishings in the home.
- An introduction to the property, its history and the close relationship to Aududon is given by your guide, who then lets you roam throughout the house at your leisure.
- An introduction to the house, its history and the close relationship to Aududon is given by your tour guide.
- An herb garden and 1840-style nursery provide an historic look at gardening, while native plants provide an environment that is reminiscent of old Key West.